Master Study – Enrollment
Enrollment conditions and selection criteria in case of restricted enrollment
- has completed a first-cycle study or a higher professional study program adopted in accordance with the legal provisions in force before 11 June 2004 in the fields of multimedia, computer science or informatics, electrical engineering or studies in other fields of science and technology (mathematics, physics, chemistry and chemical technology, mechanical engineering, construction),
- has completed a first-cycle study in the field or a higher professional study program adopted in accordance with the legal provisions in force before 11 June 2004, which is not covered under a) and has passed the following examinations from the first-cycle program Multimedia before enrollment: Programming 1, Programming 2, Introduction to Multimedia Systems and Communication Systems, or during his first-cycle studies he has mastered the material covered in the listed subjects, which is decided by the FCIS Study Affairs Committee and the FEE Study Commission,
- has completed equivalent education as referred to in points a) and b) abroad.
If a decision is taken to restrict enrollment, candidates will be selected according to the following criteria:
- the average grade obtained in the Level I study (20% points),
- elective exam results (80% points).
The elective (entrance) exam will cover the areas of mathematics, programming, algorithms, communication systems, Internet protocols and the properties of multimedia content, and will be conducted in the first half of September, after the deadline for application to the study program.
Conditions for completing a year, moving to a higher year and repetition of the year
- To enroll in the 2nd year, it is necessary to complete the obligations of the 1st year in the amount of 54 ECTS.
- According to the Article 153 of the Statute of the University of Ljubljana, a student may exceptionally enroll in a higher year, even if he / she has not fulfilled all prescribed obligations for advancement, when he / she has justified reasons, such as: maternity, long illness, business family and social circumstances , recognized status of a person with special needs, active participation in top professional, cultural and sports events and active participation in university bodies. Any exceptional enrollment is decided by the FRI Study Affairs Committee on the basis of the student’s application.
- To re-enroll in the same year, it is necessary to complete at least half of the obligations from the study program of that year (30 ECTS).
- Exceptionally, a student may repeat a year, even if he has not fulfilled all the prescribed obligations for repetition, when he has the opportunity to do so with justified reasons stated in Article 153 of the Statute of the University of Ljubljana, such as e.g. motherhood, prolonged illness, exceptional family and social circumstances, recognized status of a person with special needs, active participation in top professional, cultural and sports events and active participation in university bodies. Possible exceptional re-enrollment is decided by the FCIS Study Affairs Committee on the basis of the student’s application.
Conditions for the completion of studies
The Statute of the University of Ljubljana, last amended on 27th July 2019, stipulates in Article 128 when a student does not have to pay for the defense of his / her thesis.
A candidate who has completed all study obligations except for the final work before losing the student status and had a confirmed final thesis topic no later than six months after the loss of the student status shall complete the study without payment, but no later than two years after the loss of the status.
In the event that the student does not complete the study obligations other than the final part before the end of the student status, the defense must be paid for in accordance with the UL price list.
The change is valid from 1st October 2019, because the decision of the FEE Board of Directors on the transitional period expired on 30th September 2019.